Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Advice for a Friend

One of my dearest and best friend is having problems with his marriage. He has always had issues with his wife but I guess he was always willing to over look them and make the best of the situation.

He caught her cheating on him. He is truly good to her. He works so she can stay home with the kids, he buys her flowers when he thinks it will cheer her up, he takes her on vacations, provides a nice home, and makes sure the kids (3 of them) have what they want and need. Its not so much that she cheated because he thinks he could get over that but of the person she chose to be with.

She was sleeping with a married, drug dealer, convicted of animal cruelty man, who lives in the slums of Lowell, Mass. He just can't seem to get over that. They are going to marriage counseling but it doesn't seem to helping.

I told him he may never forget what has happen and he might need to leave her if he cant make amends but eventually he will need to forgive her. When that happens the hurt and the anger will ease. I know this is easier said then done and I wish I had better advice to get him though these hard times. I care for him very much and this hurts me as well. Any advice for him? Have any of you been though this kind of thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment