Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Message

Hi Everyone, I am sorry I haven't written lately. I have been getting several emails asking if everything is alright since they haven't seen me post in a while. Well, as most of you know my son had eye surgery about 6 weeks ago and it was thought that after fixing his eyes he would do a lot better in school and his behavior would be better. Well the surgery was a success in that he is now using both eyes and no longer runs into things and no longer has double vision. I am so thankful for that because if we let it go on much long he would have become blind in one eye.

Well last Friday I took him to see someone to determine if he had a learning disability or if he just needed more time to adjust to his new eye site after talking with his teacher that he was having trouble in class. It is believed he has something called Audio Processing Disorder. He is unable to process what he hears. It is more complicated then that but it is something that can be fixed with different therapies, hopefully. The problem is I am having trouble finding a doctor who will do this test. The insurance company will pay for the test if done by a MD but the only people we can find to do the test are PHD's So for the last few days I have been on the phone begging anyone to help my son.

Ryan is 5 years old and a real sweet kid and all I want is to help him. I have already spent 6k on expenses that the insurance company didn't pay for with his eye surgery and now the funds just aren't there to just pay the $900 for this test, not to mention treatment. So I am not ignoring my blog I am just busy trying to get my son the help he needs. Thank you all for your concerns.

2 comments:

  1. Oh,wow, I'm *so* sorry for everything that's going on with your son. I know from experience how hard it can be to deal with the insurance company, and find people that are willing to help. I hope everything gets better soon....You and your son will be in my prayers.

    ~Bre

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a dilemma and I can't imagine being caught between the doctors and an insurance company. I hope you find resolution somehow darlin. As always, you're in my thoughts.
    Mav

    ReplyDelete