Monday, January 11, 2010
What I Didn't Know About The Cold
I have lived in South Florida, and I say South Florida because the distance between us and North Florida is about 600 miles, most of my life so I am not used to the cold. The average temp here this time a year is in the 70s. So, for the past 2 weeks each night has been getting into the 30s and highs is 60. VERY COLD… and last night it dropped to 27.
Here is my list of what I didn’t know about the cold
1. People are mean when they are cold.
2. No matter how long you let your car warm up it is still cold when you get in.
3. The white stuff on my car was not snow…I was told it was frost. Huh?
4. After getting your little child all zipped up with mittens on and ready to go…he has to go to the potty.
5. You can never seem to find your cell phone under all the layers of clothing you have put on.
6. No one thought to put the heater on all weekend in the office so it’s now lunch time and I am still cold.
7. You can’t type on the computer with gloves on.
8. I used to think I wanted to live in one of the northern city like Boston so I would be able to see a change of seasons and see snow…but now have changed my mind.
So, I know you think I am complaining about living in 30 degree weather while you are probably in subzero. But this is a big deal for us and none of our orange trees are going to survive and those poor birds who fly here from the north are probably going to perish. So I am looking for a little sympathy. STAY WARM MY FOLLOWERS.