Thursday, May 6, 2010

My Thought for Today

I am quoting a good friend of mine…”Submissiveness should not be mistaken for weakness” Over the last few months I have been reading a lot of blogs about D/s and what it means to them. I have also listened to email that I get from those who happen to cross my blog. And I come to the conclusion that most (mostly men) are really into the sex and not so much into the mind set of a D/s relationship.

I spoke with DV (has his own blog, dauntlessvitality) this morning online. He is a great writer with wonderful incite into D/s. We were talking about this subject and we agree that most people think it is fun to be controlling and to dominate a woman in bed. And we both feel that it is so much more then that. It’s about love, caring, trust, respect, discipline, consequences, knowing your role in the relationship. After you make this commitment, the bond that you share together will be strong and hopefully will only gain strength.

2 comments:

  1. I think your conclusion hits the nail right on the head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention! Obviously I have to agree with your post. LOL! In all seriousness though, this lifetyle does have a very strong sexual component to it. Yet, yu have to have all the other aspects in line for the sexaul part to be fully appreciated and be able to get the most from it. There is such a mental and emotional side to this that without it the sexual side will never see it's full potential. Anyone can get together and play D/s roles. But the true D/s's connect on such an intensity level that is so far beyond what role playing could ever hope to accomplish. As you mentioned, it's the "bond you share together".

    DV

    ReplyDelete