Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Last Weekend

Did you all miss me? I know I didn’t post yesterday but that is because the weather knocked out power for several hours so we closed up the office and went home. I do not get to many days off where the kids are at school and I am home relaxing. My weekend was pretty good. Saturday the city where I live held there 50th annual Founder’s Day Festival. There was a parade, craft show, entertainment and fireworks at night. The kids had a great time. Sunday was slow. I had finished working on the house and my son and I hung out together at Burger King (he loves playing there) the park, then watched Avatar. His new favorite movie.

Friday night I got dressed up and Master C met me for dinner at a fundraiser being put on by the kid’s private school. It was dressy and a big auction took place. Not that I bought anything. But I ran into a guy I haven’t seen in 25 years. I was just a kid and I used to babysit his 3 young children. I think he was really surprised to see me. The last time I saw him was at his son’s funeral. I used to babysit once a week while the parents went to dinner or a movie. They had a 7 year old son, a 3 year old daughter and a 2 year old son. Anyway, one day the 2 year old got out of the house when the mother fell asleep and fell into the pool. He drowned. It was so sad…eventually the parents divorced and the father got remarried and had more children that turned out to go to the same school as my daughter. I have thought about that little boy all weekend. It’s strange how things turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment