Monday, October 12, 2009

Inspirational

Inspiration is a word I heard a few times this past weekend. I mentioned last week I went to Orlando. I went to meet my birth father after 32 years. This was a hard trip for me. My father left my mother and me when I was very young without any support from him. So this trip was to get some answers that I had been longing for, for a long time. And that did happen for me and I forgive him for what he did. He seems very remorseful and has found god and good friends to support him. My father (I call him Michael) took me to his church, not usually my thing, but I went and there were about 100 or so people there who at the moment I arrived knew Michael’s story and knew me. We were brought up on stage and the pastor had made an entire sermon about our story and how I came about to find Michael and how Michael went from being homeless and no family to his life turning around when I got in contact with him. They say our story is inspirational. So all and all it was a good trip. It made me think about how my life turned out. I had a good childhood and a great life so I guess I should thank him for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment